Whew, I have so many stories and updates to share with you! I know most of my last posts have been spiritually focused, and that's a key part of my life, but this time I'll try to write about the actual happenings here!
Quick notes of this week's importance:
1) The heating is officially off!!! One of my coworkers, Alexei, told me to day that "the season" ended so the radiators are off until next winter. I'm looking forward to lower bills now (and I'm sure many many Moldovans are too)!
2) It snowed yesterday. I know, the heating has been turned off and it just snowed??? Well, last week was hinting at spring with beautiful 50 degree weather, but we had a cold snap this weekend. I woke up yesterday morning, looked out my kitchen window to see snow on my neighbor's roof! It snowed pretty fiercely all day, but what piled up melted pretty quickly. Today and tomorrow are rain, rain, rain. And thankfully, we had electric heaters in our offices :)
3) Daylight Savings Day was yesterday in Moldova! Yep, we just changed. We are back to a seven hour time difference between EST and time here.
4) This is my first week here as the only American intern! That might not actually be that important, but I'm noting it anyways.
5) Our Board of Directors have chosen a recipient for a scholarship offered through our partners. Please pray for Cristina as she prepares for not only for the TOEFL, but also as she prepares to move to a new country and new school. And also pray for Vasile, the applicant who wasn't chosen. Pray for that the Lord will open other doors of opportunity before him. Thanks!
~ Redeemed
*Title is taken from Hold Us Together by Matt Maher (new favorite!)
No comments:
Post a Comment