So I've been searching for a position that would prepare me to enter the field of relief and development work, and a couple of weeks ago, I was accepted for an internship in Moldova. I'll be working with CAMED (Christian Agency for Micro Enterprise Development). For more specifics on CAMED check out www.camedministries.org.
The organization provides microloans and small business loans, business training, and spiritual enrichment. My assignments will involve preparing the reports, visiting the entrepreneurs and writing out their stories, and helping with the business seminars.
Micro enterprise organizations provide integral funding for entrepreneurial individuals in developing countries. In developing countries, individuals face many challenges including the absence of a credit history, minimal business training, and various difficulties in acquiring a business license. These hurdles, combined with the basic desire to provide for one's family, can create an environment where black market operations, human trafficking, and drug dealing thrive. The goal of micro enterprise organizations is to provide the means for individuals to operate legal and sustainable businesses. The funding provides the necessary assets for an individual to start his or her business, while the training provided assists the entrepreneur in effectively managing his or her business. As individuals are empowered with self-sufficiency, the economy of the country as a whole begins to grow as well. The beauty of this growth is that it is based on the creativity, determination, and hard work of the country's own citizens.
I'm very excited to be heading out on this new adventure. I can hardly believe that its only been two weeks since I found out about it. It feels as though I've been preparing for so much longer. The most incredible aspect though is God's grace in providing this opportunity. Since last spring I've been wondering how my heart for missions and head for business would come together, but God already knew! He just asked that I remain faithful to following Him. A mustard seed is tiny, but with faith the size of a single mustard seed He will do great things. I've had plenty of doubts and questions, but His grace and His faithfulness have never failed. I know the Lord has even greater plans and adventures for me and so much more to show me of His character, but it starts with a willingness to surrender, to wait, and to let Him make the plans.
No comments:
Post a Comment