Saturday, August 28, 2010

Just As Brave

Many of my friends, and actually many of the people I have met taking care of paperwork for this trip, have told that I'm brave, crazy, or both.  Crazy I may be; bravery isn't really my thought.  I'll admit I'm a little scared, but I know that I am forever in the hands of the Lord.   With His love, what have I to fear?

The brave ones are my parents, the rest of my family, and my dear friends.  I know that sometimes it's much harder to let the people you love go forth and pursue dreams and callings. I know the fear for their safety, the fear of how they'll change, the fear that they won't come back.  One of the greatest challenges in life is to handle change with grace and strength and hope.  The other is to lay aside your own wishes for those you love and champion their desires.

Many friends have moved away, and I'm guilty of sometimes burdening them with my selfish desire for them to stay.  Don't be fooled, as excited as I am, it's hard to go.   Thank you for not trying to stop me!  Thank you for being so incredibly supportive!  I am truly blessed.

~ Redeemed

No comments:

Post a Comment