It's only been a week since I last posted, I think, but it seems like longer. I've been meaning to tell you about Easter weekend (such fun), but it's been a long, long week. Lots of work, little sleep, planning trips, and trying to be there for friends, and oh yeah, starting to look for jobs. Let's just say, I could use a really big hug and my neck could use a really good massage.
Crazy things about this weekend: most of the rest of my friends at CSU graduated yesterday. Today officially marks a day since I graduated. And now, it's like I'm no longer ahead of the game. I know, sometimes my perspectives are a little unique, but hey, I'm just being honest. It's strange to think that they were still there to begin with, but now to know they are entering the world as graduates is a little wild. Did I mention, I was supposed to graduate yesterday? Of course, that would have been following man's plan. God had other ideas, and I have no regrets of following His plan :)
And while I'm rambling, I'll throw this out there too....if you're bored in your prayer time, or have a few extra moments, please please please pray for God to lay out the path before me for where I am supposed to go next. I have no idea where to go. I have a vague idea of what I'd like to do, but how to find those positions is quite the task. Having to analyze my past year, update my resume, and compose myself in more cover letters seems like a daunting task (yes, I know it's ironic that I fear doing this for myself, but I love doing it for my friends). There are a lot of desires and hopes in my heart that maybe only God needs to know right now, but "the heart is deceitful above all else" so pray, please, for my obedience to where He leads me next, for closeness in my continued walk with Him so that my heart and thoughts are consumed with Him, and that He'll bring the right job before me, because honestly I'm scared of a lot of things. "For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7
Other exciting news: I'm getting a BEACH DAY SOON!!!! I LOVE the beach. It's rather fundamental to my sanity. Or at least, I like to think so. At any rate, I'm heading out to Italy, Friday, with another friend. We'll spend a few days in Rome, then we have a cruise booked to explore the Mediterranean including Crete, Ephesus, and Athens. Greece has been on the top of my list of places to travel to, for quite a while.... But I have another confession, I'm trying really hard to be purely excited about this adventure. Hopefully it'll be a refreshing time before this next season of life. But it's honestly hard to leave knowing there is work to be done, but even more, that this is a opportunity many of my dear friends here in Moldova won't get. Italy and Greece are two of the hardest places for Moldovans to get visas to, and they are required to have visas even if just traveling as tourists.
Tomorrow is yet another holiday for Moldova. This makes our third Monday off work. I'll be doing some work from home, anyways. Hopefully, I'll be able to write a little more and tell you about Easter in the Dova.
Since it's still Mother's Day in the States, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, Mama!!! I'm so incredibly blessed by you and your constant support (even when I do crazy things like move to Moldova). Thanks for standing your ground, even when I didn't think you knew best. You taught me how to be strong. Thank you for showing me what hospitality looks like, what love looks like, what commitment looks like. I love you!!!
Oh and a gift should be showing up in a few days....you know how I am with timing ;)
Title taken from "On and On" by Tenth Avenue North
No comments:
Post a Comment