Ah, it's late here, but I wanted to share some pictures of my city. Sunday was such a beautiful day, that I just had to get out and enjoy the sunshine. I took the opportunity to capture some images of the ice and snow, some of the major buildings, the oh-so-common stray dogs, and the typical sights around the apartment buildings.
This first picture is looking down my street to the main street in Botanica, my region of Chisinau.
The road is clear of snow, but the sidewalk is buried under about an inch of ice.
This is the view back up the street.
The snow was scraped off the walkway directly in front of the floral shops.
I mean, we simply must be able to purchase flowers during the winter!
Notice how shiny this pathway is? Pure ice. Slick and dangerous. I do start to worry when I pass babushkas. I want to offer them my arm and help them home. Of course, I don't know how to explain that in Romanian yet, so instead of confusing, and possibly even scaring them, I usually decide it's best to keep a concerned eye on the elderly while continuing on my way.
A management school, I do believe.
I've decided that I like the snow.
These roving hounds were kind enough to stop and allow me to take their picture. I did thank them, but maybe if I had a treat to give them we could've negotiated some quieter nights.....
I love the neighborhood feel of Botanica. A center region with laundry lines and playgrounds are quite common inbetween apartment complexes. I even passed a few people grilling out - in January!!!!
Please don't hurt the pipes. I like my gas stove, and my hot water, and my radiator...and whatever other utilities these bring....
A really interesting little restaurant that serves traditional Modlovan food. It has a small museum inside!
I think this is going to be a church.
This is probably the nicest building in Botanica. It's not the financial institution I work at, but looks aren't everything. My coworkers are truly wonderful people.
I think this is an art school. The following two pictures are on either side of the entryway.
A rare but beautiful site.
Sunset :)
Graffiti in English. Go figure. Note the "sweet girl" and the "Mtv" inscriptions.
Well what do ya know? The dump isn't that much different than back home!
Moldova is just missing the redneck labels.
Another playground....sputnik maybe?
This is a small soccer field near my apartment building.
Why I would rather have mail sent to the office than my apartment.....
Thank you so much for your prayers! I have been so humbled by some of your notes of encouragement. I have been so incredibly blessed to see the strength of the body of Christ. A few friends sent notes this week saying they were praying for me. Thank you!! It is so amazing to me and in fact, incredibly humbling, to realize that brothers and sisters in Christ, some of whom I have never met, are interceding on my behalf. Sometimes this is a really lonely journey, sometimes confusing and difficult as I learn how to wait, how to walk against the flow, truly capable only through the grace of Christ our Lord.
Your love and prayers are even more precious to me, as my heart is burdened for other friends and acquaintances as well. This is how the body of Christ should work! A strong circle of intercessory prayer. So be encouraged that someone is praying for you too!
I'm hoping to share some stories of the incredible people here that I've met, along with stories of some of my friends from home and their journeys. But this week, as you pray, please pray for my roommate Suz. Pray that her heart will be softened and her eyes opened to her need of the Savior.
Much much love,
~ Redeemed
Title taken from Give Me Your Eyes by Brandon Heath


























No comments:
Post a Comment