Friday, January 21, 2011

Please Please Please Join This Fight!

Hi friends, I have some urgent news to share with you.   Right before I left for the great European Roadtrip,  I meet two girls that work with Justice (A.C.T.S.): Alliance of Christians Against Trafficking.  Based in South Africa, they were traveling around Europe learning about the human trafficking situation in other countries and providing resources and assistance to other groups who are also combating trafficking.

They were really great girls, about my age and volunteering with this organization for a extended period of time, much like my other intern friends and I. In fact, we had plans to take a daytrip to another part of Moldova, before all of our schedules were changed, I rushed off to Germany, and they left earlier than expected for more of Eastern Europe.

Anyways, today one of them posted on her facebook, "Please keep praying.  It isn't over yet." And included a link to their blog: http://justicenews.tumblr.com/.

They are in a battle to save a life.  In some African nations, Albino Africans are killed, simply because they are Albino, and then their organs are sold and used for witchcraft.  I had read stories on this before, but the fact is.  This isn't JUST a story.  This isn't meant to entertain you.  This isn't meant to make you feel guilty for being American, for having the freedom to actually walk in your skin.  This is REAL.  This is ACTUALLY HAPPENING!  I'm sharing this to make you aware!  Please don't turn a blind eye to the tragedies that are occurring around the world TODAY.   Dare to be so bold as to look straight on as these tragedies.  Don't cringe.  Don't turn your face.  Because we know the King of kings!  And my God SEES these tragedies.  He is aware!!!  And He will bring justice.

So please, please join me and those directly in the battle, in prayer!  It is our most powerful tool as Christians!  Pray for "Brittany" to find refuge and safety physically and spiritually on this journey! Please pray.

Thank you!  Thank you so much for your love!  I know so many of you have been following my blog, and it really means a lot to me that you care what is going on here.  And I know so many of you have been faithfully praying for me.  For that I can never thank you enough!

"And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us.  And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him."  1 John 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment