Monday, December 13, 2010

Special Christmas Request




Dearest Friends, 

I mentioned in an earlier post that my organization had some difficulties importing with importing the new car.  As we enter the holidays, I have a special request in regards to that.  Living in Eastern Europe has deepened my appreciation for the freedoms I enjoy as an American and made me realize how comfortable my life is in comparison to the millions living in poverty around the world. These past few months have shown me how blessed I truly am, and it's my hope that as we celebrate the gift of our Savior this Christmas, you would join me in sharing our blessings.  

Travel from the villages into Chisinau, the capital city of Moldova, is costly and time-intensive for many Moldovans.  The micro-finance organization I am working with, Invest-Credit, tries to eliminate some of these difficulties for our clients by going to visit them in their own villages. In order to do this, Invest-Credit purchased a small diesel car from Germany.  The process of obtaining a passport and visa for a Moldovan to travel outside of the country can take weeks, so I was asked to fly to Germany and drive the car back to Moldova.  I made it safely across Europe with the car.  However, an error in the customs paperwork resulted in Invest-Credit paying almost $1,000 in fines to bring the car into Moldova. 

This is a significant sum of money for our small organization.  As a part of the importing process, I feel responsible for some of the confusion resulting in the paperwork error.  I am working now to raise money to be able to offset this cost.   If you would like to contribute, please mail your gift to P.O. Box 51, Metter, GA 30439.  Simply put “Invest-Credit Christmas” on the memo line.  My parents will deposit the amount into an account that I can withdraw from here, and then I will present all donations to our executive director.  A donation of any size would be greatly appreciated! If you are unable to contribute at this time, I ask for your prayers for Invest-Credit and the work they are doing in Moldova.  Thank you so much!  May this holiday season be a time of much joy for you and your family! 

Crăciun fericit! Merry Christmas!

 ~ Redeemed

“Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is please!” Luke 2:14

No comments:

Post a Comment